Help Make Outside Simple!
Do you love camping and the outdoors? Do you have experience/a knack for working in retail? Are you also looking for part-time work? If so, we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you! Alite Designs is looking for Adventure Sales Associates to join our team of fun-loving, outdoor enthusiasts at our flagship camp shop in the Mission District.
We are purveyors of all things fun in the outdoors and we specialize in designing gear to make getting outside easier and more enjoyable for everyone. Our goal is to encourage more folks to get into the outdoors by creating products that make sure nothing stands between you and everything beyond your front door.
Our shop, the Alite Outpost is a hub for all things outdoor, from the best gear and accessories to solid information and advice. We are in search of a dynamic, friendly, and experienced Retail Associate to lead sales, engage with customers, and most importantly grow our community of outdoor-loving people through exceptional customer service and product knowledge. If you believe the outdoors are for everyone and share our passion and commitment to getting folks out there, we want to hear from you!
- Daily sales, greeting every customer and assisting with customer needs and concerns.
- Provide stellar customer service to every customer, including handling all customer service-related issues promptly and appropriately.
- Opening and closing procedures - balancing the till, preparing deposits.
- Inventory management through scheduled counts.
- Assisting with Outpost special events, art shows and camping workshops.
- Overall shop maintenance, cleaning, sweeping, mopping the space, including our public parklet.
Skills and Experience
- Passion for and interest in the outdoors!
- Experience in retail, customer service
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously, solid ability to multi-task, delegate, and follow-up.
- Outdoor industry experience is preferred, but passion and motivation to get outside is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Google Drive in Mac OS.
- Flexible work schedule that include evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to work up to 8 hours on your feet; standing bending, kneeling, etc. and lift up to 50 lbs., and climb on ladders.
Perks of the Job
Become a member of a fun and influential outdoor brand here in SF!
Get swagged out and adventure-ready with your very own custom camp gear set-up
Join our Pro-Deal membership program and gain access to tons of gear from other outdoor companies
Get outdoors on staff outings
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject "Job Opening"