Golden Gate Park - Strawberry Hill
Golden Gate Park is full of secret spots, hidden staircases, art installations, and crazy native plants. Strawberry Hill is one of our favorite spots within the park, mainly because of waterfalls and island vibes. It's an island that has formed in the middle of Stow Lake which offers views of vibrant greenery and the city. Did you know it's the highest point in GG Park?! Holy FAC (#AliteFreshAirClub that is...).
Located pretty much smack dab in the center of Golden Gate Park, Strawberry Hill is comprised of the entire island in Stow Lake. Suggestion - it's only 4.2 miles away from the San Francisco Public Library. What are you doing next Sunday…?
- Stop by the Conservatory of Flowers on the way to Strawberry Hill (they are only one mile apart)
- Don't forget your camera - that waterfall is pretty cool
- Don't forget your binoculars - birding is bustling
- Rent a boat at Stow Lake for a reasonable price from 10 AM to 4 PM
- This spot offers awesome views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais, and the city
- Watch out for the local ghost legend known as The Lady of Stow Lake