Marin Headlands - Hike Destination
Perfect day hike expedition right here folks, we promise you'll feel as though you're hours and hours away from the crazy city. The Marin Headlands offers multiple trails at various levels. Whether you want to hike for a few hours then veg out on Rodeo Beach, or check out some of the closer historical batteries that are less than a 15 minutes walk from the parking lot, there's something for you.
The Marin Headlands are part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and are known as the steep peninsula at the southernmost end of Marin County. You'll take Alexander Ave after driving over the Golden Gate Bridge and get your mind blown by the history, flora, and fauna of the Headlands.
- Did you know you can take public transportation to the Marin Headlands!? It's about an hour and a half trip, but will only cost you $2.25 (one way)
- Be sure to pack a picnic and hike along the Coastal Trail to Battery Townsley
- On a clear day you can see the city from the view point at the top of the trail
- Restroom facilities and showers available at Fort Cronkhite parking lot at Rodeo Beach
- Stop into the Headlands Nursery and learn about local restoration projects incorporating over 35,000 plants, and how you can get involved