Camp Cocktail: High 'n Rye
If you thought eating in the outdoors was fun, wait until you get a taste of what our friends at Wild Craft are mixing up in the boozy beverage department.
The “High ‘n Rye” is a strong and flavorful drink that’s well-suited for sipping out of a flask or camp cup. The idea behind this new camp cocktail is it’s super easy to whip up with just few resources. Simply mix the ingredients in a cup and it’s ready to pour into a portable vessel, so you can hit the trail. It's also something that you can make fireside, put in a few ice cubes, and toss in a fresh lemon peel. If you are someone that enjoys a manhattan or old fashioned, this is the drink for you!
Learn more about Wild Craft HERE!
Fun fact: Benedictine is a liqueur with an herbal, honey flavor. It is made with 27 herbs and spices, only 21 of them known. Only 3 people in the world know the secret recipe at a time! the herbal flavor of the Benedictine marries well with the spiciness of a rye whiskey while the nutty flavor of the walnut bitters add a nice finishing touch to this camp cocktail.
High 'n Rye
AT A GLANCE
- Serving Size: 2 (In 8 oz Stanley Flask)
- Prep Time: <5 minutes | Total Time: <10 minutes
- 4 oz rye whiskey (we dig local Lost Republic)
- 1 oz benedictine
- 1 oz cold water
- 4 dashes black walnut bitters
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Pour ingredients into stainless steel cup, give a quick swirl and pour into your flask
- Wander and ENJOY!
- *If you have clean ice, you may choose to stir your cocktail over said ice approx. 25 times to dilute in place of using 1 oz of cold water.