Camp Cocktail: Mendocino Mojito
What is equally as nice as a crispy cold beer after setting up camp? A Mendocino Mojito! Why? Because it has a jalapeño in it! We have a certain ‘love thang’ for jalapeños here at Alite Designs and we like adding them to all types of dishes. This includes beverages!
Don’t get us wrong, we love all things to do with drinking beer, but sometimes it’s nice to switch it up and get part-time classy while spending the weekend outdoors. We honor and respect all you rowdy folks still getting down with the wizard staff shenanigans, but some of you may want to re-think the concept of packing in numerous cans of beer to then regurgitate it all out in the morning...
Our friend Annette Hartman recently took a camp trip to Lake Mendocino and captured the true essence on how to whip up your own Mendocino Mojito. Party time. Check out her photos and amazing recipe below:
AT A GLANCE
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail (we suggest tripling this recipe ☺)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 oz of your favorite rum (Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum is the stuff we like)
- 2-3 lime wedges
- Splash of Santa Cruz Limeade
- Splash of soda water<
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar or agave nectar (optional)
- Couple sprigs of mint
- Sliced jalapeño (varies depending on how crazy you are…)
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Place the ingredients in your Mason Shaker or camp mug and squeeze in the limes. Muddle, mix, shake, do your thing. And then BOOM, that’s it!