Camp Dinner: Cajun Shrimp with Sausage, Corn, and Summer Vegetables
|Prep Time: 10 minutes
||Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 2 lbs large shrimp, 1 1/2 pounds (peeled and deveined; tails intact)
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 large ears sweet white corn, husked and quartered
- 1 cup zucchini, finely sliced into rounds
- 2 links Andouille sausage or kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 Sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp dry white wine – you can drink the rest!
- 1/4 cup white wine, divided 2 tbsp parsley, chopped 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Brioche, to serve (optional)
Steps to Success:
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, build your campfire and set up your cooking grate.
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp, cajun seasoning, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Lightly grease four 12 x 18” pieces of foil with 1 tsp olive oil and lay flat on a table. Divide bell peppers, corn, and zucchini between each piece of foil.
- Top with shrimp, sausage, and 1 sprig of thyme thyme.
- Drizzle shrimp with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp of white wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold up the packet by bringing the two short sides together at the center of the foil pack. Then fold the foil down to seal the packet, allowing a bit of space for steam to escape.
- Add foil packets to your grill or cooking grate. Cook for 6 minutes on one side, then flip over and cook on the other side for 5-6 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Slowly and carefully open up the packets and divide the contents between bowls or rimmed plates.
- Garnish with parsley and serve, squeezing over lemon wedges. Serve with a side of brioche, if desired.