Camp Dinner: Roasted Chicken and Avocado Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Camping isn’t always associated with fresh food. But salad can be a quick and easy way to get your greens even when you’re sleeping outside. This sweet lil recipe comes from our friend and camp cook, Anne Assassi, who believes camp cuisine can be both delicious and nutritious.
This salad calls for butter lettuce and radicchio, which add texture, color and a unique blend of nutrients and anti-oxidants. Topping it off with mouth-watering rotisserie chicken, sharp cheese, and tasty avocado guarantees that you’re getting enough calories, protein, and fat to keep you satiated on your outside adventure! Bonus: you can usually buy living butter lettuce at the grocery store which will last longer outdoors in case you want to extend your trip or save this meal for the last day.
Feeling hungry and or inspired? For more healthy and delicious food experiences, visit Anne's website, Diet Assassinista.
Roasted Chicken and Avocado Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
AT A GLANCE
- Serving Size: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves, gently torn
- 1 small head of radicchio leaves, gently torn
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves, stemmed
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz sharp feta or blue cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup honey mustard vinaigrette, divided
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- In a large mixing bowl, toss salad greens with mint, cucumber, pumpkin seeds, crumbled cheese, and ½ cup honey-mustard vinaigrette.
- Divide salad between shallow bowls or plates and top with shredded chicken, avocado, and additional salad dressing if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy immediately!