Camp Snack: Fresh Nori Hand Rolls
Wrap it up and then take a dip in the Yuba River. Well, that’s what we highly recommend for an ultimate summer day.
These Fresh Nori Hand Rolls are a perfect camp snack or river lunch, and are simple and satisfying; summer shouldn’t really entail much else if you ask us. Guest Chef Jeff Shu agrees and has helped prepare the recipe below for your snacking and lunch time pleasure. Enjoy ☺
Fresh Nori Handrolls
AT A GLANCE
- Serving Size: 2
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Nori sheets
- Brown rice*
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Spring sprouts and herbs (baby lettuce, chives, curly cress and mizuna ( pictured)
- Persian cucumbers
- Sriracha aoli, or equivalent (spicy mango salsa, pictured)
*note: precooked brown rice available for purchase at Trader Joes, and is perfect for taking camping!</
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Cut nori sheet in half.
- Cut cheddar cheese, carrots, and cucumbers into sticks. Wash vegetables and herbs.
- Stack rice, sriracha aoli, vegetable, and herbs on a 45 degree bias.
- Roll up a cone. Seal it up with a fingertip of water on the edge of the nori.