Camp Dinner: Chipotle Spiced Veggie Tacos
|Prep Time: 5 minutes
||Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- Olive oil 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans
- 2 whole canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced, reserving 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/3 cup cilantro, stemmed, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Chipotle Tabasco
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- 1 spring onion, whites and greens finely chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Steps to Success:
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add kidney beans, chipotles chilies, reserved adobo sauce, and stir occasionally until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in queso fresco, 1/3 cup cilantro, and Tabasco.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm.
- In a medium skillet, add enough olive oil to liberally coat the bottom of the pan.
- Heat oil to medium-high heat and add tortillas, one at a time, cooking for 30-60 seconds on each side until crisp.
- Blot tortillas on paper towels and keep warm.
- To the same skillet or a small egg pan, crack 1-2 eggs into the pan at a time, spooning oil over the whites. Fry until the whites are firm, but the yolks are still runny.
- Transfer eggs to a large plate and keep warm.
- Serve tortillas on plates, topping with kidney bean mixture followed by spring onions and additional cilantro and queso fresco if desired.
- Squeeze over with lime wedges and top each taco with a fried egg!