Camp Breakfast: Maple Berry Delight Cereal
Rise and shine on your next camping trip to the berry-laden goodness of of this delightful breakfast dish. Sure, run-of-the-mill boxed cereal is good, but this fruity take on a breakfast classic from Anne Assassi is better! Plus, you don’t need to haul and refrigerate milk. The recipe is so easy you can make it in your sleep, but we don’t recommend you try.
Feeling hungry and or inspired? For more healthy and delicious food experiences, visit Anne's website, Diet Assassinista.
Maple Berry Delight Cereal
AT A GLANCE
- Serving Size: 2
- Prep Time: 3 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill 10-grain Hot Cereal
- Kosher salt
- ¾ cup mixed berries, such as sliced strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries
- 6 dried Black Mission Figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Add hot cereal, 1 ½ cups water, and 1/8 tsp salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the cereal is cooked to desired consistency. Remove from heat.
Divide cereal between two bowls and top with berries, figs, and pepitas. Drizzle with maple syrup. Serve immediately!