The Ferry Building - Bike Destination
Once San Francisco’s main transportation hub for both locals and travelers, the historic Ferry Building today is a vibrant marketplace and foodie paradise
Located along the Embarcadero highway and connected on all sides by designated bike lanes, the Ferry Building is one of the flatter and mellower bike rides you can do in the city. It’s an ideal place to take in San Francisco’s iconic waterfront with walkways offering views of the trolley car lines, Bay Bridge, and Treasure Island. Cruise by on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday to experience the outdoor farmers market, which with its high quality food and artisan products, is considered one of the best in the country.
- Fresh Air Club (FAC) Approved to earn your Bike merit patch
- Located half a mile from the Exploratorium
- Stop by and take one of the many educational programs, farm tours, or cooking classes hosted here
- FREE walking tours offered every Tuesday and Saturday
- Drink and dine at local favorites like Hog Island Oyster Co, Cowgirl Creamery, and Blue Bottle coffee